- 4teachers.org http://4teachers.org/
is part of the 4Teachers web site. It is a terrific way to collect and
store web sites on a particular topic or theme.
- Education Atlas http://www.educationatlas.com
- In additional to providing information about education programs of study, this site includes a K-12 lesson plan section.
- American Memory Lesson Plan Page http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/ndlpedu/index.html
site was created by the Library of Congress and includes classroom
materials and lesson plans on subjects such as civics and government,
literature and poetry, US primary sources, and much more!
- BBC Schools http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools
- CyberSmart Curriculum http://www.cybersmartcurriculum.org/home/
- Education World Teacher Resources http://www.educationworld.com
- Discovery School Lesson Plan Library http://school.discovery.com/lessonplans/
- Disccovery School Teacher Tools http://school.discoveryeducation.com/teachingtools/teachingtools.html
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators http://discoveryschool.com/schrockguide/
- Math Forum http://mathforum.org
- NARA Digital Classroom http://www.archives.gov/digital_classroom/index.html
- S.C.O.R.E. Cyberguides http://www.sdcoe.k12.ca.us/score/cyberguide.html
- Cyberguides are supplementary standards-based, web-delivered units of instruction centered on core works of literature .
- Teach with Movies: A New Tool for Parents and Teachers http://teachwithmovies.org/
- WebEnglish Teacher.com http://www.webenglishteacher.com/
- Poetry 180 http://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/p180-home.html Access to superb poetry from the Library of Congress. Receive one poem per school day.
- Google Literature Trips www.googlelittrips.com - Use Google Earth for literary travels.
- Writing Prompts http://writingfix.com/classroom_tools/dailypromptgenerator.htm. Database of teacher created writing prompts.
- New York Times Learning Network www.nytimes.com/learning - Find lesson plans here. Includes the The Daily 6 about the news - asks 6 questions about articles found in the NY Times (who, what, where, when, why, and how).
- National Geographic Picture of the Day http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day - The pictures found here can be used as writing prompts.
- Daily Lit www.dailylit.com
Teachers Using Blogs
Primary Source Material Sites
More Sites for Lessons!
Sites To Help With ESL Learners