Afghanistan Pathfinder, The Other Side of the Sky Project
- Use the MEL (Michigan E-library) database to learn about genetics.
- Click on the Mel icon above or type in http://mel.org in your Internet browser.
- Click on the Teens link found in the table located on the left side.
- The Teen Gateway Resource page appears.
- Key Resources appears.
- Click onto Expanded Academic ASAP
This database is geared for AP high school students and college researchers.
- Click onto the Gale virtual Reference Library link.
Recommended for the general user. Includes full text articles. This is a database of encyclopedias.
- Click onto the General Reference Center Gold.
for the general user. Mostly full tex articles including sources such
as business periodicals, reference books, maps and newspaper articles.
- InfoTrac Student Edition is another database found on Mel.
database is recommended for high school. Mostly full text articles are
included. There are over 1,100 titles, cross searchable with E- books,
this database gives access to a variety of maps, newspapers, podcasts,
and and reference books on current events, the arts, science, popular
culture, health, people, government, history and more!
Books and Print Resources
Find a sampling of Afghanistan book titles found in Churchill's library listed below:
- The Great Gamble: The Soviet War in Afghanistan by Gregory Feifer, 2009. Call number 958.1 F
- My Forbidden Face: Growing up under the Taliban, A Young Woman's Story by Latifa, 2001. Call number 958.1 L
- Taliban and the Crisis of Afghanistan, edited by Robert D Crews, 2008. Call number 958.1046 C
To find additional books about Afghanistan in our library, go to our online catalog at http://library. Some key words to consider using in the search include:
- Afghanistan women
- Afghanistan history
- September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001
- Afghanistan - Politics and government
Look for the cart of Afghanistan-related books in the Library!